Monday, April 25, 2011

Cheap, Cute, and Easy


This week I am really getting the spring cleaning bug. Normally I am not a "neat freak" person. Honestly, I'm usually mildly disorganized. I hate it when things are gross though, so this week I decided I needed to tackle cleaning my bathroom... Then I went in there, looked around, and decided I needed a little decor change. Nothing big, just a little rearranging.

I decided to do a little project, too. It took me less than 5 minutes. All you need is a frame, a piece of patterned paper, and a 3D object that is light enough to be held by hot glue.


First, I grabbed a frame and took out the glass. I buy a lot of frames at DI (Deseret Industries, for you who don't know, it's a thrift store kind of like Salvation Army) because they are cheap and you never know when you'll need a frame for a craft project, so I keep a little stash of cheap DI frames.

I cut out a piece of paper to fit the frame, and then I grabbed a sand dollar I had around, and hot glued it to the paper. Then I put the whole thing in the frame.

Easy, huh? There are TONS of things you could do this with, not just sand dollars. A couple things I want to try later are letters cut out of foam core, and paper flowers.

Hope this gives you some inspiration for you own spring cleaning/redecorating.

Next on my list: Touch up all those places on my bathroom wall where the paint is chipped. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment